Finally we finish three weeks of marriage musts, the things I believe are essential after 45 years. Here’s a complete list:
1. Gravity is stronger than synergy. Fight against it.
2. Be consistently intentional about space and time.
3. Foster mutual respect and admiration.
4. Never stop learning about yourself and each other.
5. Put your marriage above all others.
6. Avoid secrets.
7. Develop common interests and friendships.
8. Sex will fade. Companionship lasts forever.
9. Giving and requesting forgiveness is a must.
10. Do one thing every day to cherish each other.
11. Solve the solvable problems.
12. Celebrate every chance you get.
13. Commit to a shared religious core.
14. Do not assume. You are not a mind reader.
15. Refuse to hold a grudge.