We began a series on A Biblical Response to Sexual Dysphoria. I invited Pastor Landon Fleming, Next Gen pastor from Christian Life Church in Murfreesboro, to speak on Battling Porn. It was amazing. Above is the audio. Below is the manuscript.
Under the Influence
Colossians 2:13-15 (NLT)
13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away.
Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of
the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed
the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the
• 64% of Christian men admit to viewing porn at least once a month.
• 15% of Christian women admit to viewing porn at least once a month.
• 22,258 users are watching porn every second.
• 79% of all men (Christian & non-Christian) admit to viewing porn monthly.
• 90% of college males view pornography.
• 30% of college females view pornography.
• According to a 2020 survey, the majority of children are exposed to porn by age 13. Most of
the time it is unintentional or unwanted.
• 22% of regular porn users are under the age of 11.
• A third of victims trafficked in sex slavery are used in the production of pornography. Men
and women who indulge in pornography are themselves creating the demand for the sex-
BIBLICAL THOUGHTS ON PORNOGRAPHY
Sex is a gift from God to a man & woman in a covenant marriage relationship.
People have a tendency to choose their way over God’s way which leads to sin.
Pornography is one of the many ways men & women go outside of God’s design to find sexual
fulfillment & pleasure.
Matthew 5:27-30 (NLT)
27 You have heard the commandment that says, ‘You must not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say,
anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his
heart. 29 So if your eye—even your good eye—causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it
away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown
into hell. 30 And if your hand—even your stronger hand—causes you to sin, cut it off and throw
it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown
James 1:12-15 (NLT)
12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive
the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. 13 And remember, when you
are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and
he never tempts anyone else. 14 Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us
and drag us away. 15 These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed
to grow, it gives birth to death.
If you are struggling with pornography: Don’t conceal it; confess it.
Proverbs 28:13 (NLT)
People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will
We have to fight for the young generation.
• “Good Picture Bad Picture Jr.” book (younger kids)
• “Good Picture Bad Picture” book (older kids)
• “Brain Heart World” documentary
• “Heart of Man” film
• “Parents Who Fight” website (follow them on IG)